Hello everyone! My name is Mark Nuss and I'm so excited to be back at Prospect Ridge Academy for another fantastic school year. You'll find information about me, the syllabi for both courses I teach, and due dates for assignments on this page, however most of of our course documents and materials will be housed on Google Classroom. The links to both of my Google Classrooms can be found at the bottom of this page; click on your class to find the correct link. Please get in the habit of checking both this page and your Google Classroom page frequently!
A little bit about myself so that you can get to know me better:
1. I'm a Colorado native and have lived here for most of my life. I did, however, spend five years in Eugene, Oregon as a kid and thus developed a deep love for both the Pacific Northwest region as a whole and Oregon Ducks football in particular.
2. In 2010 I earned by Bachelor of Arts in American History and my Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction, both from the University of Denver. Within the broad field of Social Studies, my particular areas of interest and expertise are: modern American history (WWII to the present), American political history, political science, psychology, and sociology.
3. I tied the knot with the love of my life in June 2015 and have been greatly enjoying married life! We don't have any human children in the Nuss family yet, but our pets keep us plenty busy. We have an American Bulldog named Bella and three cats named Sidney, Neville, and Albus.
4. A quick list of some of the things I enjoy and spend lots of time on outside of school: performing live music with two different groups, watching/listening to live music, riding my bike all around Colorado, hiking all around Colorado, playing competitive Magic: The Gathering, gaming on the Xbox One, pretty much everything related to the Star Wars franchise, reading, spending time with friends and family.
5. A quick list of what I'm looking forward to the most this year: preparing my AP classes to be successful on the AP Exam, developing your understanding of the inner workings of the human mind and brain, engaging your interest in economics / developing your interest in economics if you don't yet have one, increasing your critical thinking skills, and most of all being part of a community of learners with all of you! It's going to be a fantastic and fun year, and I can't wait to get started!