Welcome! My name is Dr. Cohen and I teach 7th grade Life Science and the Engineering 1 elective. I am also a coach for our HS and MS Science Olympiad teams and Asst. MS Golf Coach. Before teaching at PRA I completed my B.A. and Ph.D. in Biology at CU Boulder...Go Buffs!!! My Ph.D. research was focused a fish called the Cuckoo Catfish, so you may notice the fish theme in my room and might even hear some kids calling me Dr. Fish. In graduate school I spent a lot of time traveling around Colorado teaching science lessons, and found that I love teaching middle school science!!!
When I'm not at PRA, I am usually spending time with my family. My wife Alisha and I have a daughter named Malia, a son named Miles, and a Jack Russell Terrier named Roxy. In my free time I also enjoy playing hockey, fishing, and snowboarding.
I am excited for the new school year and know it will be a wonderful and memorable year. Please reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!
- In order to use my Google Classroom you must be logged into your Google Account.
- The link to my Google Classroom is at the bottom of this page.
- The classroom code is ojxakt6 (7th Life Science) or zv1onu (Engineering 1)
- All copies of assignments, readings and other class materials will be posted on this platform.
- *Important Note: DISREGARD ANY DUE DATES on assignments, etc. Google Classroom makes you put in a due date and will say assignments are late, etc. I will be very clear with students if they are supposed to turn something in via Google Classroom. Otherwise, almost everything is in their Science Notebooks for 7th Life Science or turned in directly to me.
How to Use my Google Classroom Page:
- The easiest way to find information is to go to "Classwork" tab on top, or "calendar view" (click the three lines at the top left of the page and select "calendar")
- I would NOT rely on the "stream" in the middle of the page when you login to find assignments as they are often posted out of order.
- The calendar will also tell you about due dates for assignments, upcoming tests, and other events.
- The classwork section is organized by topic and contains handouts, assignments, PowerPoints, videos, etc. for each investigation in each unit.
- Both the calendar view and the classwork tab are a great resource if you've been absent or have missing assignments to make up!