The window to enter your student's information for lottery consideration for the following school year will open on December 1st and conclude on January 31st annually.
Prospect Ridge Academy's enrollment lottery is a completely random lottery. You may submit your child's lottery information ANYTIME between December 1 - January 31. After January 31st, student information may be taken on a first-come, first-served basis and placed on a post-lottery waitlist.
Lottery Policy (updated 3/2018)
Only children entered in the Prospect Ridge Academy enrollment lottery will be considered for placement. The lottery entry window for the following school year is December 1st through January 31st each year.
Returning Prospect Ridge Academy students are automatically enrolled at PRA for the following year and are not required to participate in the lottery process.
If there are more eligible students than openings in any class, a random selection (computerized lottery) will be used to select students for any available openings not to exceed the maximum class size. This lottery will take place on February 7th of each year, or the first business day thereafter.
Students will be given the priority for enrollment in the order below. Priority will be awarded within each category for students applying during at least two consecutive prior open enrollment periods and having been placed on the waitlist without receiving an offer of admission.
- Returning Prospect Ridge Academy students
- Children of Founding Families
- Children of 0.5 FTE or greater certified staff, 0.8 FTE or greater classified staff, and board members with the following preference order: administrators, other certified staff, classified staff, and board members
- Siblings of currently enrolled PRA students or PRA high school graduates
- A sibling is a brother, sister, stepbrother or stepsister of a current Prospect Ridge Academy student, or a foster child of parents of a current Prospect Ridge Academy student living in the same household.
- Multiples are defined as twins, triplets, etc.
- Prospect Ridge Academy does not guarantee that siblings will be admitted together.
- Students who reside in Adams 12 Five Star School District
- Students who reside in a Colorado district other than Adams 12
- Students not yet residing in Colorado