Ms. Sakurada - Math Intervention Specialist & MS2 Math Teacher
Hi PRA Community!
I am thrilled to be returning for my 2nd year at PRA and my 5th year teaching! My position this year is Math Intervention Specialist as well as teaching 1 MS2 Math Class. I will be helping to support students that need a little extra help with math. This includes co-teaching in some of the math classes as well as working with small groups of students during their study hall.
Math is my specialty and I love finding new ways to explain things to help the students learn best. I am licensed in math, social studies, and elementary education. I also have a Master's Degree from the University of Colorado Boulder in Education Curriculum and Instruction with a focus on STEM. I have previously taught 7th-grade math and 6th-grade social studies.
Teaching is actually my 3rd career! I went to Occidental College in Los Angeles to get my Bachelor's Degree in Economics and worked in the film business for nearly 10 years doing finance and contracts of international film rights. I moved back to Colorado and decided to use my creative skills to get my cosmetology license from Paul Mitchell the School Denver and continue to run my salon as a side business. However, I grew up with a science teacher and a PE teacher for parents and always wanted to be a teacher, so I decided to do it finally and I love it!
I look forward to seeing everyone in person to start this year! Wishing you a fun and healthy 21-22 school year!
- Online Textbook https://www.hmhco.com/ui/login/
- IXL https://www.ixl.com/signin/prosridg
- VirtualNerd (helpful videos on math concepts) https://virtualnerd.com/middle-math/all/
- MathAntics (also helpful videos on math concepts) https://www.mathantics.com/
- Tips for reading and studying math https://www.how-to-study.com/study-skills-articles/reading-a-math-textbook.asp
- PhET (interactive simulations for math and science created by CU Boulder) https://phet.colorado.edu/
My Office Hours are the same as the other middle school math teachers:
Tuesday 3:15 - 4:00pm
Please find me in the Middle School Intervention Room #1286 near the tech lab
Supplies Needed for MS2 Class:
- 3-ring binder (1 1/2" should be fine)
- 5-tab dividers
- graph paper or notebook with a 3-hole punch
- pencils and erasers!
- red pen
Optional but recommended:
- TI-30XIIS Scientific Calculator
- Dry erase marker
4th Period Google Classroom