I'm so excited to be back at Prospect Ridge Academy teaching Digital Arts 1, 2, & 3 and now co-teaching Yearbook!
A little about me:
- I came to PRA in January 2019
- I have more than 16 years of experience as a digital photographer
- I have a passion for photography, yoga, snow skiing and standup paddle boarding
- We moved to Colorado in 2017 after living in Houston, Texas for 10 years
- Prior to Houston, I lived in Chicago, London and Tulsa
- My husband and I have 2 kids, a 15 yr old son and a 12 year old daughter
- I am the luckiest teacher in the school because I get to teach what I love in an amazing classroom filled with state-of-the-art computers, digital SLR cameras and industry leading software
I think that Digital Art is an important class for a variety of reasons, whether a student plans to go into the field of art or not. In the process of creating, students learn about the importance of trial and error. They practice their problem-solving skills and learn that planning is an integral part of the creative process. They get to experience how their time management practices and having to produce quality work under a deadline impact their workflow. During the process of giving and receiving feedback they gain empathy and connection with other students and other viewpoints. I'm a huge believer in the power of observation and how choosing to notice can impact your everyday life.
I'm thrilled to get started. If you have questions or need to reach me, please feel free to email me: [email protected]