Thank you PRA Volunteers
Next week is Volunteer Appreciation Week and we want to send a big THANK YOU to all of our amazing community volunteers! Many of the things we do daily, would not be possible without you. We are fortunate to have such an amazing community that always comes together to support our students and staff. Thank you for all you do each and every day!
Congratulations to our 3rd-5th grade students for focusing on this year’s CMAS (Colorado Measures of Academic Success) assessments this week. Students have done an outstanding job applying their knowledge and doing their best each day. Thank you for your continued support and making sure we are in this together!
Take Your Child to Work Day
Thursday, April 28, 2022, has been designated as Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day. This annual event was primarily intended for children 8-12 years of age. Students who are slightly younger or older may also participate. The purpose is to help youth make connections between education and a future in the workplace. PRA supports students with the opportunity to spend the day at their parent’s workplace to gain this experience.
In order to eliminate a large volume of phone calls, we are asking parents of children who will be participating in Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day, to email the attendance line and their homeroom teacher directly to notify the school of this request.
Children who attend work with a parent will not be counted absent from school. However, students will be expected to complete all make-up assignments, or alternate assignments related to their shadow experience.
- The absence to shadow a parent at work should not count against a student’s perfect attendance status, unless there is a significant attendance issue or concern to date.
- Parents may not “substitute” another day in lieu of April 28th and still have the absence counted as a field trip. Standard excused / unexcused guidelines would apply to situations involving a parent request to have a child shadow on a day other than April 28th.
More information on this annual event is available at www.daughtersandsonstowork.org
Calendar of Events
- PRA Spirit Day/StuCo Spring Theme
- Volunteer Appreciation Week April 18th - Friday, April 22nd
- Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast (K-8 Cafeteria @8:30am)
- Annual Board of Directors Mtg (K-8 Cafeteria @5:30pm)